Objecting to the Settlement

How do I object to the settlement?

If you don’t like the settlement, you may file an objection to it. This means you can tell the Court that you disagree with the settlement or some of its terms. For example, you can say you don’t think the settlement is fair or adequate, or that you object to the amount of the attorneys’ fees, costs, or expenses. The Court will consider your views but may approve the settlement anyway.

You can object only if you do not exclude yourself from the Class (i.e., you do not “opt out”). If you opt out, or exclude yourself, you cannot object.

To object, either you or a lawyer of your own choosing must prepare an objection that contains all of the following:

  1. The name and title of the lawsuit: Does 1-2 v. Deja Vu Services, Inc, et al, No. 2:16-cv-10877 (E.D. Mich.);
  2. A written statement of objections clearly specifying the grounds or reasons for each objection;
  3. A statement of whether or not you or your lawyer will ask to appear at the Final Approval Hearing to talk about your objections, and, if so, how long you will need to present your objections; and
  4. Copies of documents (if any) you or your lawyer will present at the Final Approval Hearing.

Your objection must be filed with the Court and served on Class Counsel and Counsel for the Defendants no later than May 13, 2017. Any objection postmarked after that date will be rejected.

To File an Objection with the Court, Mail Objections to:

Clerk of the Court
United States District Court
Eastern District of Michigan
231 W Lafayette Blvd # 827
Detroit, MI 48226-2774

To Serve Class Counsel, Mail Objections to:

Jason J. Thompson, (P47184)
Sommers Schwartz, P.C.
One Towne Square, Suite 1700
Southfield, MI 48076


Megan A. Bonanni (P52079)
Pitt McGehee Palmer & Rivers, P.C.
117 West Fourth Street, Suite 200
Royal Oak, MI 48067

To Serve Defendants’ Counsel, Mail Objections to:

Bradley J. Shafer (P36604)
Shafer & Associates, P.C.
3800 Capitol City Blvd # 2
Lansing, MI 48906

Objections postmarked after May 13, 2017 will be untimely and not be considered by the Court.